Our Grout Cleaning Experts in Bellaire, TX, Gave This Shower an Astonishing New Look
August 27, 2018
Tile and grout are an important part of the upkeep of any bathroom. They can make the shower look great, offering style and elegance that many homeowners seek. When the grout between the tiles looks dingy, the entire bathroom will feel dirty, regardless of how clean the rest of the area is. Unlike your tile, grout is porous and it has a rough surface. Because of that composition, it can collect particles of dirt, water, and soap residue, developing mold and mildew. This not only gives the shower an unsightly appearance, it poses a health risk for everyone in the house. Keeping the tiles and grout clean should be a priority, and it should be done properly. As the grout absorbs harmful agents, it becomes permanently stained or discolored. Once this happens, only professionals with the right tools and products can bring back the clean, healthy look of the shower.
A young woman from Bellaire, TX recently moved to a new place to be closer to her parents. Maintaining her new home was not difficult. She loved keeping the house nice and tidy. However, the shower was giving her a hard time and she was not pleased with its condition. No matter what she tried, it always seemed to have a dirty, unclean appearance. The tiles looked discolored, the grout lines sullied, and the wall joints moldy and unhealthy. The owner wanted to solve the problem fast because her parents were coming to stay with her for a while. She went online to look for solutions and DIY methods to clean bathrooms, but only our grout cleaning professionals in Bellaire, TX,
could rescue her dirty shower.
As she searched, she found some procedures she decided to try. Using a mixture of water and vinegar, the owner began to scrub the areas affected by mold with a toothbrush. She spent most of the morning performing this chore, hoping to remove the fungi from the seams. Unfortunately, the attempt was unsuccessful and the wall joints remained dirty. In spite of that, she continued the cleaning routine. For the next procedure, she sprayed bleach and water on the grout. After a few minutes, she wiped with the mixture and found only negative results, as this method only caused more discoloration to the tiles and grout lines. When she finished the cleaning session and saw no positive outcome, she called her aunt and asked for her advice.
Her aunt suggested the best option was to hire a professional grout cleaning company. She recommended Sir Grout Houston because we had restored her marble countertops and she had been thrilled with results. Her aunt said the countertops looked wonderful after we finished the job and she praised our professionalism and expertise in hard surface restoration. She advised her niece to check our website and get all the information she might need. The young woman took her aunt's advice and went online to browse our site. As she read the page, the picture gallery
got her attention. The superior quality of our work impressed her, and she was happy to see we had restored showers with similar problems as hers. After reading testimonials from previous clients, she was convinced we could solve her problem. The young woman called us to request a free in-home consultation.
We arrived on the appointed date for the evaluation of the shower and to offer an effective solution to solve the problem. The owner greeted us and after a brief introduction, we proceeded with the assessment. At first glance, we noticed the issues the grout had. It was discolored, muddy, and dirty, giving the surface an unclean look. This was caused by daily wear and tear in conjunction with the usage of harsh cleaning products and bar soap residue. Upon closer inspection, we spotted the moldy caulking on the seams. The mold and the caulk had essentially become one, making it impossible to remove with conventional methods and without the proper equipment. Removing all the blemishes from the surface required professional tools, methods, and techniques.
We offered a grout cleaning service to restore the grout lines and eliminate the mold using our high-quality products and advanced techniques. The products we use are effective and safe for the grout and tiles, providing only optimal results. We would seal the grout using our unique ColorSeal. This special sealant is water-proof, stain-proof, and enhances the look of the surface by giving the grout lines a uniform color. We would also replace the moldy caulk with our resilient Epoxy Grout. This exclusive product would make the seams resistant to mold, mildew, and water penetration. We assured the owner that after our work the shower would have a brand-new appearance. She was pleased with our assessment and the solution we proposed. The owner accepted our offer and set up a date for the job.
A few days later, we returned to our client's house to begin the shower's restoration. It was going to be a thorough multi-stage process that required skillful procedures, special tools, and the highest quality products:
- Using our pH-neutral tile and grout cleaner with a gentle, high-speed scrubber, we cleaned the walls and floor, making sure there was no trace of dirt and grime left in the shower. The product we use is safe for the grout and won't discolor or stain the tiles. It is soap free so it won't leave any residue that could cause damage to the grout lines. Also, its enhanced new formula now can help inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi. The surface can stay sanitized for an extended period of time after its application.
- Using a high-temperature steam cleaner, we sanitized the environment. When this was done, we removed all the mold and mildew and left the shower completely clean and hygienic.
- Using our proprietary Epoxy Grout, we replaced the old, moldy caulk in the walls joints. This top of the line product is made of a hard composition that is highly resistant to all the damaging agents in the shower. It won't crack when scrubbed, providing easier, faster, and more effective cleaning routines for years to come.
- Using our top-notch and exclusive ColorSeal, we sealed all the grout lines. This unique sealant blocks the absorption of water and shields the grout lines against dirt, grime, and soap scum, thus preventing the growth of mold and mildew. It also gives a revamped appearance to the grout with a vibrant, new color that matches the tiles.
When we completed the work, the shower had been fully restored and the issues it had were solved. The floor looked fantastic; all the grout lines were completely recolored and had a refreshed, clean appearance. There was no trace of mold and the seams now had a resilient solution that would last for a long time. The walls had the same pristine look and were fully sealed and protected against future damage. This incredible restoration was only possible with our experienced techniques and superior products.
We then invited the owner to see the results of our work. She was thrilled to see her shower no longer had a dirty and unappealing appearance. The mold and blemishes had been removed from the surface, and it looked spotless and healthy. Impressed with our performance, she stated that from that point on, TagSiteName would be her company of choice for any hard surface restoration she might need in the future. After thanking us, she said that she would recommend our services to all her friends, family, and neighbors. Our top-notch products and professional procedures ensure long term results. We also take time to train our clients on how to perform proper maintenance on their surface.
As always, before we left, we gave the owner some recommendations and suggestions to keep the great condition of the shower for years to come:
- Try not to use bar soaps. This is important to reduce soap scum accumulation in the shower. One of the reasons for soap scum buildup on tile and grout is bar soap residue which re-hardens on the surface, producing nasty and difficult to remove stains. We recommend using gel or liquid soap, both great alternatives that won't leave any harmful residue.
- Use soap-free, pH-neutral cleaners, such as our Natural Hard Surface Cleaner. Our product is harmless for the grout because it doesn't leave any sticky residue. Also, it has ingredients that can help provide protection against bacteria and fungi. Acidic and soap-based cleaners are harmful and can discolor or break the grout. These types of cleaners are not recommended and should be avoided.
- Keep the shower dry and well ventilated. This helps prevent mold and mildew growth. Due to the dampness of the environment, leave the door ajar to allow the moisture to flow freely. Dry the surface using a squeegee, a towel, or a terry cloth. Squeegeeing is a great choice to prevent soap scum buildup.
These easy to follow steps and our professional restoration are guaranteed to keep the shower looking its best and provide easy and effective cleaning routines.
When you are having trouble with the condition of your shower and you are not pleased with its appearance, our grout cleaning services are the best choice for you. Sir Grout Houston provides award-winning professional processes that will make your shower look as good as new. As a leading company in the hard surface restoration industry, we have the most effective techniques to help you with your problem. Don't hesitate to contact us by calling (713) 856-9586
or by filling out our "Request a Quote" form for a free in-home consultation. We will be glad to attend your needs. Also, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter
to receive our latest info and promotions.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to Hard Surface Restoration? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Sir Grout Houston
, Instagram @sirgrout
, and Twitter @SirGrout